For years, PBGA has worked to provide free vision exams to people in Georgia and to raise awareness about eye health and the importance of regular eye exams.
Many people don’t realize they could benefit from vision correction and don’t visit their eye care professionals for regular exams. In fact, eye sight usually deteriorates very slowly and can easily go unnoticed. Also, many vision loss problems are preventable if detected early.
EyeSite, a service of SoloHealth, is a free self-service vision test kiosk that allows consumers to quickly have their vision checked and encourages them to make an appointment with an eye doctor for a full exam.
Along with PBGA, SoloHealth shares a passion to raise awareness about the importance of eye exams and proper health care.
Not only can consumers get an accurate screening of their vision in about 3 minutes, but they also can learn about eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration. And the doctor locator feature encourages consumers to schedule an appointment with a local eye care professional to get a full eye health exam.
People are drawn to the kiosks to get free vision screenings, but in the process they learn about their risk for eye disease and the importance of regular eye exams for early detection.
EyeSite is currently in nine locations around Georgia.
1. Kroger – 1595 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming GA. 30041
2. Kroger – 3330 Piedmont Road, N.E., Atlanta GA 30305
3. Sam’s Club – 1520 Scenic Hwy., Snellville, GA 30078
4. Walgreens – 1975 Delk Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067
5. Walgreens – 2464 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062
6. WalMart – 400 Shallowford Road, Gainesville, GA 30504
7. WalMart – 1569 North Expressway, Griffin, Ga. 30220
8. WalMart – 101 Market Place Blvd., Cartersville Ga. 30121
9. WalMart – 3580 Memorial Drive, Decatur, GA 30032
Update 6-10-2009: SoloHealth received video coverage on CNBC.